Friday, October 29, 2010

Runaway and Other Artsy Fartsy Things (Actually, just Runaway)

Before I make comment 1 about this, you should really watch it. I promise, it's worth it.

Watch it here. Or you can get the big ole jumbotron experience here. I'll wait...




Awesome right!? Did you even watch it??

If you decided that you weren't going to see for yourself what all the hype was about and just wanna see what I thought instead, you suck. You'll be mad you missed it too. Sooo, I'll put another link at the bottom cuz I know you're going to want to see it.

Anyway, I LOVED it. Had to watch it a second time though because I fell asleep in the middle of it the first time...lol. Mr. West always knows how make people take notice. Yanno, do things a little differently. To his credit, I really didn't think he was this deep. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this was totally publicity for his upcoming album and G.O.O.D. Fridays, but it still seemed like it was more than just that. Seemed like he had something to say. Visually, I was very impressed. The shots, the music, it ALL had me sucked in. So much so that I got a little emotional near the end when Phoenix was leaving. I have a renewed appreciation for him. He missed me with that 808s and Heartbreaks mess (which I heard I need to go back and listen to now that I've heard Drake's album).

Also, after finally hearing the G.O.O.D. Friday songs, Runaway looks like it shoulda been the video for Don't Look Down, which actually would have been a hot song to play at the end instead of Lost In the World (now my favorite song ever!!) No matter though, it was still the most interesting thing to come out of hip hop in a long time.

Stop playing yourself and go watch it.

RUNAWAY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails