Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My New Favorite Thing

When I saw this a few months ago while perusing one of my favorite blogs, I was open. As simple as it was, I had to have it. It summed up how I was feeling at that moment about certain things in my life. The message was simple, but for some reason it said so much. Couple that with my ever changing afro and you could almost call it an epiphany. "Brown Skin Lady" that's all it said. Set on a fun yellow tee, I felt like it'd been made especially for me.

Now, I know some of you sticklers out there are like "Really Rem? Brown?? You're more like a high yellow." (Something I despise being called BTW)  That's the point though isn't it? I AM brown. While, I have quite a few shades to go before I'd actually be described that way in general conversation, I'm brown. Just a reeeeeaaaally light shade of it. I almost felt like I didn't GET to wear the shirt in brown (there is a brown version just FYI in case you're afraid to wear yellow) In yellow, I kinda feel "included". It's almost like it's a "lightskinned" shirt, if that makes any sense. Anyway, enough about my issues, pick up the shirt, it's awesome. Oh yeah, get the brown one too!

BonBonVie "Brown Skin Lady" Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails