Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blasted Gold/Gold Crackle Polish: Update

I'm sure you guys remember my previous post about the fancy new gold crackle nail polish I got from Sephora called Blasted Gold. If you don't that means you didn't read it. Shame on you...lol. Anyway, it's another one of those crackle polishes that are all the rage right now. I recently polished my nails with it and while I don't love it as much as I did the O.P.I. Black Shatter, it IS pretty funky. It doesn't "shatter" as much as the black, but the effect is still pretty substantial. Which is weird because they're both made by O.P.I. (The BF and I have come to the conclusion that whatever chemical makes the shatter effect is somehow hampered by the sparkly-ness of the gold color. I don't know if that's a thing, but that's what we've come up with.) Once you put a nice glossy topcoat on it, the shatter effect is definitely more pronounced. Below is my second attempt. I tried it with a sparkly red and I definitely think this time came out better. Please don't ask why I chose THESE random colors, just trying to be fun and different I guess. Let me know what you guys think. Any color suggestions??

Apparently there's party going on and my nails were invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails