Monday, April 11, 2011

Treat of the Week 4.11.11

I know to some of you this next item might not really be considered a treat. It's a treat to me because I usually don't stray too far from the brands I like and I NEVER spend more than a certain amount. With all that being said, I present to you...

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

Sounds crazy right? I'll bet most of you didn't know that even though I'm not a girly girl like that, I am very particular about my nails. I remember I stopped going to a particular nail technician because, as I put it, "she didn't polish them right". Who does THAT?? Me. Anyway, I've seen these things around and the patterns were kinda funky so I wanted to try them. I did not however, want to spend 10 bucks only to find out I hated them. Since my birthday is coming up and I wanted to try to do something fun with my look, I said what the hell and picked them up. In true cheap ass fashion, I ended up getting a discount. Don't ask. My first impression, awkward to put on. After the second one though, I'm a pro. I LOVE these stupid things. Why did I decide to only do my thumb? Your guess is as good as mine.


2 comments:

  1. I've been "looking" at these for a min. but I didn't know anyone who'd actually tried them. I won't spend the money on Minx nails cuz...ummm...I just won't spend that kinda money. But this looks like a great alternative. How do you apply them? How long do they last?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were pretty easy to apply once I "got it". It makes me think of tape. When I was young I used to put tape on my nails to pretend they were long. Same idea. you just peel off the protective plastic on both sides and line them up with your nail bed (at least that's how I did it) then you just press it on and smooth it out. The excess is removed with a nail file. That's actually not as easy as it sounds because it doesn't come right off. Takes a bit of filing. I'm not sure how long they ACTUALLY last, but the claim is 10 days. I've only had them on for 2 and they're doing pretty good so far. I don't plan on keeping them on for 10 days anyway so I won't be able to verify that this time around. I DO plan on going back and getting a bunch of the other colors. I heard Walgreen's was having a sale on them this week! *running*

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails